Please be aware that the Hunt County GOP Club in cooperation with Hunt County News will be hosting a Candidate Forum and Debate on February 1, 2018 at the Landmark on Lee Street, 2920 Lee Street, Greenville, TX 75401.
The rules and format are as follows:
6:30 – Welcome; pledges and prayer
Any and all candidates running for an office that serves Hunt County are called in order of being listed on the sign-in sheet (with the exception of those listed below). The sign-in sheet will be taken up and “closed” at 6:25pm. Each speech will have a 2-minute time limit with a warning light at 30 seconds remaining.
FORUM FOR SPECIFIC HUNT COUNTY OFFICES – same time limit as above; one question will be asked of each candidate immediately after they speak with a 30 second time limit.
1. Hunt County Commissioner, Pct. 2 – called in ballot order with incumbent right to go last.
2. Hunt County Treasurer – called in ballot order
Mitzi Money, moderator for both offices
3. Hunt County District Clerk – called in ballot order
Trey Bahm, moderator
**SIX MINUTE INTERMISSION**
3 minutes commercials
3 minutes “ask the crowd” – Friendlee Place
1. Texas State Representative, District 2
**THREE MINUTE INTERMISSION**
3 minutes commercials
2. Texas State Senator, District 2
Format for both panels:
• 2-minute opening statement (coin flip on the table)
• Three questioners – each questioner gets two rounds with topics divided among them so as to avoid overlap.
Questioners: Mark Hutchins, Chairman, Hunt Country Republican Party
Trey Bahm, President, Hunt County GOP Club - moderator
Jim Satterwhite, Hunt County News
• The questions are alternated for first response, beginning with the opening statement
• There is a soft time limit in answering the question by the candidates once both have given an initial response.
This “panel” time limit is set at 4 minutes and would be enforced by the moderator. Discussion can be stopped by the questioner by closing his inquiry.
• The questioner has the right to ask two follow-ups per round. No follow-ups are asked until after both candidates have had a chance to respond to the initial question.
• 1-minute closing statement; Incumbent for office sought has right to go last during closing statement
• Warning lights at 30 seconds
Closing and dismissal
NOTE – questions asked by the Hunt County News do not necessarily reflect the views of the Hunt County GOP Club. Likewise, questions asked by the Hunt County GOP Club do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of the Hunt County News.