I have been asked with increasing frequency what the duties of Precinct Chairs are and I think answering here is best all around.
Rather than create a new list of my own, I am going to shamelessly borrow a very handy list prepared by the Collin County Republican Party (thank you!) and posted to their website.
Here are the 5 duties:
1) Identifying and registering voters in your Precinct
2) Informing voters as to political events, and helping turn out the vote
3) Attending meetings of the County Executive Committee
4) Working at the polls and/or recruiting poll workers
5) Running the Precinct Convention
To read the full description on the Collin County Republican Party's webpage, just click here.
Please send any follow-up question to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mark Hutchins, Chairman